Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ultra Cool or Ultra Sound

My OB just called me. He said that he wanted me to come in again for more bloodwork. He wants to check my levels AGAIN and monitor my progression. I told him that that would be fine and asked if he wanted me to come in the usual 3 times a week or if he just wanted me to go in once. He answered with another question, asking when my ultrasound was scheduled. I told him that I did not have one scheduled (nobody said that I needed one yet) but that I did have an appointment set up (it's the second prenatal visit) for Tuesday the 5th. He said that he didn't want to wait until then and that he wanted me to come in this week to get an ultrasound done. Weird. Now I am semiworried and can't stop thinking that something might be wrong. I know I know, I'm totally just being paranoid, but please, this is my first pregnancy (and probably my only) and that allows me to be over worrying about every little thing. Especially considering my past girly issues. Anyhow, my visit is scheduled Thursday and it would be safe to say that I am a little nervous about it. I guess though, that if everything really is okay, then it wil be pretty cool to at least hear the heart beat even if there isn't an actual image to go along with it yet. I'm only eight weeks and that IS early for an ultrasound, but I'm not going to sweat it too much. I've got other things to worry about... like school and work and... whatever else it is that I routinely worry about. Pray for me and my lil baby bean... cm

No comments: