Sunday, August 6, 2006

I'm Pregnant

I'm pregnant. I'm scared. I'm hurting. I'm worried. I'm pregnant. I'm happy. I have been missing my period for 5 days now, and I know why. I've had these outrageous cramps and I had had not one but TWO negative pregnancy test (before I actually missed my period). These were from urgent care and the hospital. I took one this morning, and before I could even place the stick down, I got a positive. I waited for the two minutes indicated anyhow, thinking it might dissapear, but it only got stronger. Once the two minutes were up, I broke down on the floor CRYING histerically. I'm not sure if it was an upset, happy, scared, weirded out... or what. I guess it was just an ASTONISHED cry. I sat in the bathroom on the floor crying for about 5 minutes. I moved to my bed shortly after that, then, lastly, I decided that I wanted to tell John. When I went into his room, it was 6:30am on August 6th, and just started crying again. Of course he woke up and immediately started hugging me and asking what was wrong... and I told him. "I'm pregnant." And that was it. History was made. Funnily, about 25 seconds after I told him he looked at me and said, "now did you say that you were or you weren't pregnant?" Haha. I said, uhm, "I AM!!!" And then he just held me and couldn't have been anymore supportive. We went and showered together after he held me in his arms for a while and reality is slowly setting in. I am so scared. And so happy. We decided that we weren't going to tell anyone till I started showing and I think that's a good idea. A real good idea. I don't want my job promotion to be jeporadized at work, but then again, how often am I going to make it to the docs and stuff. Guess I will just have to make them on Monday's and hope that no one asks right? So many things are going through my head. And I can't share them with anyone. Just John. Oh God, I am scared. Please don't let me screw this up.

CM

Name Ideas
Cadence Eileen Dee
Ethan James Dee

No comments: